Monday 5 March 2012

[News] Xbox Showcase Overload

I've just posted over on Gaming Unity and Blast Process about the news coming out from the media following on from the Xbox Showcase last week in San Fransico.

Impressed with the behind the scenes look at Halo 4, however, I'm still a little skeptical. I really like the Halo games, but the change from Bungie to 343 Industries could go ether way. On one hand they may impress me with the changes made to the Halo series, while on the other hand they could 'break' what has been so far an impressive series of games.

You can tell by the folk interviewed in the video that 343 wants to make Halo 4 there game, and not just a carbon copy of Bungie's work. I applaud them for that, I hope their passion shines through when we get to finally play Halo 4 at Christmas time.

You can see a number of videos shown from the showcase here on Blast Process.

I've never been that big on the Assassin's Creed games. I don't know why, although perhaps its due to me playing a heap of other games whenever a new AC game lands. Well..for whatever reason I've never really played enough of one.

Saying that though, I have been increasingly tempted to pick up a copy of the latest one, Revelations, mainly after changing to a number of people..including a couple from work. The latest game is to be set during the American Revolution, and it's first trailer is set to hit the internet at around 5pm today.

I'm really looking forward to it. Perhaps its just my mind jumping on the hype train. It wouldn't be the first time.

No comments: